If you need tax-efficient monthly cash flow from your investments, our Series T option might be for you.
What is it?
Our Series T option is designed to give you tax-efficient monthly cash flow, and is available on most of our mutual funds.
How does it work?
Series T allows you to access cash flow from your investment. The cash flow that’s distributed through Series T is a return of capital (ROC) that is not immediately taxable.
You select the Series T option that pays out a predictable monthly cash flow of either 6% or 8% annually.
Why should I choose Series T?
Because the cash flow you receive from using our Series T option is a distribution of return of capital (ROC). This means that capital gains earned on your investment remain unrealized and you can defer paying tax on it until your investment is sold. You get to decide when you pay that tax.*
Predictable cash flow
Cash distributions are set at the beginning of each year, so you know how much cash flow you’ll receive each month.
If your cash flow needs change, you can switch between Series T options without tax implications.
Our Series T option is available on the following mutual funds:
- Empire Life Canadian Equity Mutual Fund
- Empire Life Dividend Growth Mutual Fund
- Empire Life Small Cap Equity Mutual Fund
- Empire Life Monthly Income Mutual Fund
- Empire Life Emblem Conservative Portfolio
- Empire Life Emblem Balanced Portfolio
- Empire Life Emblem Moderate Growth Portfolio
- Empire Life Emblem Growth Portfolio
- Empire Life Emblem Aggressive Growth Portfolio
Talk to your advisor about a Series T option that’s right for you.
* When the adjusted cost base (ACB) drops to zero, all subsequent distributions are treated as capital gains and taxed accordingly.